Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Home Improvement Corner

Hey!  Making a baby isn't the ONLY thing I'm doing right now...just most of it ;-)


I bought this coffee table a few years ago off of craigslist for $10.  It is one of those coffee tables that has the glass inserts on the top, but the glass was missing.  I always knew I wanted to redo it but I was waiting on getting new furniture and drapes and rugs and all that stuff you have to buy when you buy a house.  We finally got all of those things so I picked out fabric, sanded it down to "rough" it up, had Jeff cut a piece of plywood for me, added some foam, batting and the new fabric and voila!  A new coffee table!  I really like it, I need to get a tray to add to it so we'll have someplace to put our 9,000 remotes, but I like the square coffee table much better than the rectangular one we had before.

Now it's time to play furniture go round.  Old coffee table goes to the game room and the bench that my Grandpa made, that is currently being used as a coffee table up there will go in our foyer.  Next up: PILLOWS for the bench!

No comments:

Post a Comment