It all started with leftover Pork BBQ that I had in the freezer. I wanted to do something different than just BBQ sandwiches. We had tortillas, so I figured I could do something like an enchilada with the pork!
Pork BBQ Enchiladas
2 1/2 cups of shredded pork BBQ (Pork BBQ recipe below)
1 cup brown rice
1 TBS chopped chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
1 cup shredded cheese plus some to sprinkle
16 small tortillas
4 TBS peach salsa
1. Defrost pork, when its defrosted throw in a pan on medium heat.
2. Make rice according to package directions.
3. As pork is warming, add the chipotle chilies. These are pretty spicy, you may want to just use the sauce, or use less if you don't like spice.
4. Combine the cooked rice and pork mixture, add cheese
5. Spoon mixture into middle of each tortilla and roll them up.
6. Top with shredded cheese and peach salsa.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
You could use bigger tortillas, I used small because its what I had. Pretty easy and delicious meal!
5 lb pork loin
1 can beer (darker the better)
1 medium onion (you can either chop or slice the onion)
Salt and Pepper
1. Place the pork loin in the crock pot, pour in beer, you may not need the entire beer, make sure its covering at least half of the loin. Add onions. Salt and pepper. Top with BBQ sauce. I usually squirt it back and forth a few times (don't worry, you'll add more sauce later)
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. Remove from the crockpot and shred the pork. Drain liquid from the crock pot and add pork back in. Cover with more BBQ sauce (as much or as little as you want) and mix well. Leave in crockpot on warm.
We usually eat it for one meal and maybe leftovers the next day at lunch then I portion it out and freeze it for those quick nights where I didn't have time to cook or just don't feel like it.