Thursday, October 27, 2011
I wanted to make a list of the things that MD does that I think are cute or funny so I won't forget!!
- He loves appliances. Seriously, its like he has conversations with them, the fridge, the coffee maker, crockpot. He just laughs, smiles and talks to them.
- He loves looking at photos of other kids on the computer. Sometimes he'll sit with me in the office while I edit photos and he squeals and smiles when they are pictures of kids.
- He's reaching now! While I love it when he reaches for me, its pretty dang cute when he reaches for Lily. He grabs whatever he can on her and she takes it as an invitation to lick up whatever might be on his clothes, body or head :-)
- He wants whatever I'm eating now. I can't hold him and eat anymore, he cries and reaches for whatever it is I'm eating. I guess this will play to my advantage in a few months when he is eating what we're eating, I should lose weight if he eats all my food!
- He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth...everything. And while we're on this topic, people...it is NOT ok to put your finger/hand in a baby's mouth. Of course they want to put your finger in their mouth, they would put dog poop in their mouth if you let them. But you wouldn't let them.
- He's doing better at tummy time. Lily helps with that a lot. When he starts getting upset I call Lil over (if she's not already there!) and she can entertain him forever.
- Maddox gives the best hugs! When I get him up in the morning or after a nap he wraps his little arms around my neck so tight. Its probably the sweetest thing in the entire world. He was also so so cuddly when he was sick, I just had to soak it up because I know in a few years the last place he'll want to be is in his Momma's arms.
- He crinkles his nose when he smiles really big :-)
- He is the biggest flirt! He gets the girls attention with a big 'ole grin and then buries his face, but then peeks out to see if they are still looking. We might have trouble with this one!!
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
So this past month included:
Sitting up on his own
Sitting in a restaurant highchair
Grabbing his paci and putting it in his mouth
Grabbing EVERYTHING and putting it in his mouth!!
His first cold : (
His first ear infection : (
Granny's 3rd visit to Houston to see Maddox
I know there is probably stuff I'm missing (a good reason to blog more!) Everyday he changes and becomes more independent. The past few weeks I've been busy with photo shoots every Saturday and Sunday and its so hard for me to leave him! I can't imagine if I had to go back to work and leave him 8+ hours a day. Jeff makes fun of me on a daily basis about it, but even he will admit that I am getting a little better at it.
Last Monday he got a runny nose and a little bit of a cough. No fever so I thought we'd just let it run its course. On Friday he seemed more tired than he had been all week. He wasn't interested in eating or playing so I thought I'd call the doctor since it was Friday and I was pretty sure he'd be super sick on Saturday if I didn't! Good thing I did! His right ear was infected, not bad...yet. The doctor started him on amoxocillian and he LOVES it. When its gone out of the syringe he wants more! I hope he's like that with all medicine ;-)
We had a pretty quiet week, getting over this cold, but on a pretty regular basis we've been going to play groups. It was at a play group that Maddox sat up on his own. He was watching the other kids, and wanted toys, grabbing for them and actually playing with them! I was so impressed! I think its good for him to be around other kids close to his age. He loves to watch them and I know soon enough he'll be crawling around interacting with them.
It was time for new photos! Here they are....