Monday, October 17, 2011

5 Months

So this past month included:

Sitting up on his own
Sitting in a restaurant highchair
Grabbing his paci and putting it in his mouth
Grabbing EVERYTHING and putting it in his mouth!!
His first cold : (
His first ear infection : ( 
Granny's 3rd visit to Houston to see Maddox

I know there is probably stuff I'm missing (a good reason to blog more!) Everyday he changes and becomes more independent. The past few weeks I've been busy with photo shoots every Saturday and Sunday and its so hard for me to leave him! I can't imagine if I had to go back to work and leave him 8+ hours a day. Jeff makes fun of me on a daily basis about it, but even he will admit that I am getting a little better at it.

Last Monday he got a runny nose and a little bit of a cough. No fever so I thought we'd just let it run its course. On Friday he seemed more tired than he had been all week. He wasn't interested in eating or playing so I thought I'd call the doctor since it was Friday and I was pretty sure he'd be super sick on Saturday if I didn't! Good thing I did! His right ear was infected, not bad...yet. The doctor started him on amoxocillian and he LOVES it. When its gone out of the syringe he wants more! I hope he's like that with all medicine ;-)

We had a pretty quiet week, getting over this cold, but on a pretty regular basis we've been going to play groups. It was at a play group that Maddox sat up on his own. He was watching the other kids, and wanted toys, grabbing for them and actually playing with them! I was so impressed! I think its good for him to be around other kids close to his age. He loves to watch them and I know soon enough he'll be crawling around interacting with them.

It was time for new photos! Here they are....
















No comments:

Post a Comment