Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

My Dad has always said I was his favorite youngest daughter.  I think it's his way of making my brother and sister feel better about me being his all time favorite.

I can remember weekends at Dad's house and we would go to the drive in movie.  We'd make a big bag of popcorn, Angie always got to sit in the front because she wore glasses (pfft!), and I'm pretty sure I never made it through one whole movie without falling asleep.  Hey!  Maybe that's why I couldn't sit in the front. 

He was a chef in the kitchen, making Banquet Fried Chicken, Vienna Sausages, and fruit cocktail (making sure everyone got at least one cherry) and all the Pepsi you could drink.  

What he may have lacked in culinary skills ;) he made up for by being there for everything.  Basketball games, Football games, Track meets, Choir Concerts, Beauty Pageants etc, etc, etc.

Happy Father's Day Dad!  Thanks for everything, love you :)


I've been fortunate enough to have a wonderful step-dad as well.  Phil has always been there when we needed anything.  I never had to scrape snow off my windshield or warm up my car until I went college, I never had to worry about getting my oil change, windshield wiper blades changed, car checked out until I moved away from Indiana.  I got a husband and lost my mechanic! :)  Thanks Phil for everything you did and do for me.  Love you!


Happy Father's Day to ALL the father's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment