Sunday, July 24, 2011

Moving on Up!

Its official...my baby is growing up. He's already moved into his OWN room! I really can't believe that its happened already, I thought he might be two before I let him sleep in his own room. 

Last week our downstairs AC unit went out...again. I believe this is the 5th time its gone out this summer. Because the upstairs unit was working Maddox and I moved into the game room. After two nights in the game room I thought "Hey! We should put Maddox in his crib and see how he does!" Silly me, I wasn't thinking that once the AC was fixed Jeff would expect me to leave my baby upstairs all alone!!! But I did it, and he is doing great up there.

We've really got a good bedtime routine. He eats, he takes a bath, gets in his jammies and eats again (Hey! he's a growing boy!) I put him down about 9:30 and lately he's been whining at about 4:00/4:30am and I'll give him his paci and he goes right back to sleep. He'll most likely be up around 5:30 to eat and go back to sleep and then about 7/7:30am when Momma has juuust gotten back to sleep he decides its time to be up for the day! If I'm lucky I can get him cozy enough snuggled up with me on the couch that he'll go back to sleep and we can nap together for an hour or so.

The silly thing is that even though he is sleeping longer now I actually feel MORE tired than I did when we were getting up every three hours. I'm not sure if getting up every 1.5/2 hrs you just don't even get into a deep enough sleep that your body even recognizes you're sleeping or it could be the fact that now I stay up and get things done after he goes to bed now (like this blog post at 11:10pm) instead of going to bed as soon as his eyes close for the night.

All in all I can't complain about a thing.  He's just about the cutest most chill baby you'll ever meet.

What? I'm just chill'in in my swing. What are you gonna do about it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment