Saturday, July 31, 2010

Love Story

I must say, Netflix is really one of the best inventions ever. Today I was flipping through our Instant Download movies and I saw Love Story included.  If you haven't seen the movie, it was made in 1970 about a well off Harvard school boy and his girlfriend, the daughter of a baker.  His father disapproves, disinherits the son, blah, blah, blah, long story short girl dies, father feels bad, son is sad, the end.

Here's the Victoria official review of the movie:

I'm not sure if I'm watching the wrong movie and I somehow missed the classic must see movie that critics call the greatest love story of all time, but the one I watched really, really sucked.  The acting was bad, like super bad and what was with all of the pointless scenes that didn't add anything to the movie.  The entire thing was pretty confusing.

The worst part however was the ending.  First of all, WHAT was Jennifer sick with?  I was so confused and curious that I Googled it (while I was watching the movie) and found out that I didn't just miss something, they really never say what she is sick with, and no one seems to ask!  Also, get this, in my Google search, I found out that there is a movie term named after the "illness" that Jennifer has in the movie and it's named after the actress herself.

The Ali McGraw disease "Movie illness in which the only symptom is that the sufferer grows more beautiful as death approaches."  

The best part is the tag line "Love means never having to say you're sorry."  Hmmmm.....I'm going to have to call BS on that one. Love only means you should apologize quicker. 

So now I've moved on to Julie & Julia and it's actually got me in the mood to cook!  I better get on it fast before the urge disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment