Thursday, July 15, 2010

Craft time

I've come to terms with the fact that it will be awhile (perhaps a loooong while) before we buy an actual bed. To make myself feel better, and to help in making our room more complete I decided I needed something big, and more importantly long to hang over our bed.  Not wanting to spend a lot of money, this being a temporary thing, and the fact that I'm cheap, I decided to make something myself. 

I bought 5 of the flat canvases from Hobby Lobby, used a sample paint from the color I thought I would paint the bedroom, one small bottle of craft paint and a damask pattern stencil.  I painted the canvases with the sample paint, which is one shade darker than the walls in our bedroom, then I used the damask stencil and the craft paint (in turquoise) to  stencil the pattern onto the canvases.  After I got them all finished I decided they really needed a frame.  So, I enlisted the help of my handy husband to build me one.

Here's the finished product


Once I got it hung I really wished that I had painted it ALL different and did stripes or something else that isn't matchy matchy, but since it's temporary and I don't really want to take it apart and start all over, THIS IS IT!

Oh, and it actually is centered with the bed and it's not crooked.  I just really took a horrible picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment