Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mom's Birthday

August 21st was my birthday and this year it fell on a Sunday! Its always the best when your birthday is on a weekend isn't it?

We didn't have anything planned for the weekend but it ended up being a pretty busy one! It seems like all of our weekends are turning out like that lately. Saturday night Jeff had a customer going to the Texans vs Saints game at Reliant. He didn't realize until Saturday afternoon that there were 6 tickets instead of 4 and the customer was traveling in from Louisiana and could not use the extra 2 so we decided to take Maddox to his first NFL game. Lucky kid! I was in my 20's before I ever went to a NFL game!

You know, you never really realize how loud the stadium is until you have a baby with you! WHOA! It was loud. We stayed in for a few minutes and thankfully we were on club level so Maddox and I sat ourselves on a comfy couch and watched the game from the outside.


And yes, I do have regurgitated milk on my shirt. Maddox and I sported our Purdue gear in support of Drew Brees ;-)

On Sunday we all got up to go to church and then Maddox decided that instead of his usual 1 hour nap (he's a MAJOR cat napper!) that he would like to take a 3.5 hour nap! I guess the game wore him out! Needless to say we missed church...whoops! 

We decided to head to Kemah that afternoon. It is now a tradition in Jeff's words since we've done it two years in a row. I was pretty bummed that I didn't get to ride The Bullet, but I'm sure it would not have been as much fun anyways without Amanda Saylor. I did get to drink a very weak margarita and sit outside watching the boats come in.


Look at those red cheeks! It was a little hot outside...


And the best part of the day....



ICE CREAM!!! Although in both of these photos Maddox is the only one getting any dairy intake ;-)

My first birthday as a Mommy was fantastic, got to spend it with my two boys and that's all I could ever want.

No comments:

Post a Comment