Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hail, Hail to Old Purdue

So, Purdue lost to Duke last night. I'm still getting over it, but there is always next year right?? We still had a great time at the game and after. I got to see my bestest friend Amanda, got to cheer for Purdue in person for the first time since college, sang the fight song with a crowd again, had that old college feeling of camaraderie with other Purdue fans and I got to say "Boiler Up!" and "Woo! Woo!" without getting weird looks.

What I learned from the game last night:

1) Duke fans suck! I think Duke is one of those schools that has the bandwagon fans. They were all basically silent the entire game until they were up by 10. Those were the first cheers I heard from them. Pfft, losers.

2) Reliant should sell tickets in groupings so each school's fans can sit together. I swear, we were the ONLY Purdue fans in the entire club level.

3) The parking lot directors at Reliant officially are the worst ever. Waving your arms from side to side doesn't tell people where they are supposed to go, setting up random cones does not constitute an aisle, directing people to drive down the pedestrian walkway probably isn't your smartest move. But hey, what do I know?

4) They should sell beer at NCAA games. Period.

5) Purdue rocks (I actually already knew that though) JuJuan Johnson is totally sick, E'twaun Moore kicks butt, and of course Chris Kramer will go down as a Purdue legend.

So on to next year! Great job boys!


Hail, Hail To Old Purdue!

All Hail To Our Old Gold And Black!
Hail, Hail To Old Purdue!
Our Friendship May She Never Lack.
Ever Grateful, Ever True,
Thus We Raise Our Song Anew;
Of The Days We've Spent With You,
All Hail Our Own Purdue!

No comments:

Post a Comment